Sunday, January 24, 2010

Whooo Hooo Trixie!!

Trixie wins BEST IN MATCH! That's the equivalent of Best in Show except it's during a fun match. Fun matches are for clubs to practice putting on a dog show before the real show. It also gives dogs and handlers an opportunity to practice in a show setting. Since Trixie doesn't really know my friend, John, who will be showing her in February, he entered her in the fun match today so they could practice together! She not only won Best of Breed over some really stiff competition (her sister Betty, now known as Kioko), but she also won group and then BEST IN MATCH. I'm just thrilled.

By the way, I guess I forgot to post it earlier when she flew off to the southwest, but Trixie is in Arizona. She took the rainy weather with her and we've had beautiful sunshine while they've had the cold and rain. I'll fly down and meet her in March for the Fiesta Cluster. In the meantime, John is going to show her at the 4 day dog show in early February.

Here are some photos of the day...

Stiff competition: Kioko and Trixie
100_0664

Kioko all tuckered out:
100_0673

Trixie in the ring:
100_0679

100_0690

Winning Best of Match:
100_0700

A big thank you to Wendy for the photos. I won't go as far as saying it's just like being there, but since I can't be there, I really appreciate getting to see the photos. Wish I could have been there to share the excitement of the day for both of my girls.

No comments: