Friday, January 08, 2010

Odie and Pacific Rimism

Odie is still at the emergency vet. Poor Odie. After a slew of tests, they called Denise and said that they thought Odie had Addison's disease. He had elevated potassium levels.

Just recently I was reading the Two Naughty Shibas blog which led me to Shiba Inu Spirit's post about Pacific Rimism. From what I understand, shibas naturally may have higher levels of potassium (K), and elevated potassium should not be assumed to be Addison's disease. I called Denise and had her call the emergency vet to suggest they do a little research on Pacific Rimism before they treat him for Addison's.

Thanks Lindsay and Jen for opening up my eyes to this!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh I am so sad and sorry you are all having to go through all of that. Poor baby.
So sorry.
There is just nothing worse than our babies being sick.
XXOOXX

lindsayt said...

Hope he is on the mend!