Saturday, January 02, 2010

The little conversationalists...

The puppies always have something to say. But the spookiest conversation that I've held with a puppy so far is one I had with Miss Betty - in plain English. When I walked in the room, I must have woken her up, because she puffed up and barked at me. And I said to her, "Why are you barking at me, little girl?" And she answered yawning at the same time, however, it was as clear as a bell, "I... don't.... know." Spooky. Coincidence? I really don't think so.

Here's Betty chatting away!
IMG_7809

And Avalanche calling the coyotes!
IMG_7818

And Edge making a statement!
IMG_7833

IMG_7835

Whatcha lookin' at kid...
IMG_7861

Don't mess with me...
IMG_7870

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Okay Mary!
I must come get my hands on those babies this week!
Do you still have all but one?
Maybe since that little one SPOKE to you...that means YOU NEED TO KEEP HER...FOREVER!!!!!!!!
XXOOXX
Oh...hiking sounds great!
Delighted to hear you are a HIKER!

Anonymous said...

These photos and captions are great! Love that don't-mess-with-me look in Betty's eyes. And yeah, no coindence that she barked at alpha human and then backed off with a sleepy, "I don't know." M.

A.S.I.A. said...

Mary, I cannot tell you how happy and excited we are to bring Betty into our home. We thank you so much for allowing us to take this adventure with her. You can be sure we will keep you posted on her antics and adventures both in the show ring and out.

dogmom2six said...

You'd better keep in touch... Betty and I have a special bond. She speaks to me. Either that or it's really time for her to go to your house because I'm imagining weird discussions with dogs.