Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Wow!

Can it really be a week already since the puppies were born? It seems like MUCH longer. I'm sure you thought I was going to say that it went fast. Not at all. This has been the longest 7 days of my life. I've had about as much sleep in the past 7 days as... well, I can't even say since J was an infant since I got more sleep during that time than I have this week. So I don't ever think I've had this little sleep. Every two hours, up with the little one, struggling to get back to sleep in an unfamiliar bed in a room that even I have to admit is just a little too hot to be sleeping in (did I just say something was too hot? That's pretty uncharacteristic of me!) So just when I'm about to fall asleep after getting up with the puppy, it never fails that one of the big dogs whine to go out because they know I'm in the room next to them AND they know I was just moving around the house. So, I'm tired. Very, very tired.

The good news is that Squeekers, as J calls her, has gained a few ounces in the past two days. She's up to about 11 ounces total. She's looking alot stronger and is trying to move around more. But she is so far behind in development that I'm still very worried about her. The bigger puppies just bowl her over, push her out of the way, and use her as a pillow. It's good to see her gaining weight and even trying to nurse when the others aren't there. And I can't wait until she's eating on her own so I don't have to worry so much about her and can return to my nice comfy bed in the quiet end of the house.

So here she is at 11 ounces with her big sister, Piggy, weighing in at a whopping 1 lb, 6 ounces.

IMG_3089

And here are the boys. The darker one is 1 lb., 3 ounces. The lighter boy is 1 lb, 4 ounces.

IMG_3071

No comments: