Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sun Break

So today we had a sun break. For my friends who live in the great southwest with your 300 plus days of sunshine and no rain in 104 days, let me explain. A sun break is when day after day after day of rain, there is a slight break in the clouds long enough that the sun peaks through for a few minutes only to cloud over again and rain some more. So the puppies, now 4 weeks old, and I took advantage of the short "sun break". Only a few minutes, but long enough for each of them to poop outside (shibas are such easy potty trainers), and then we had to come back in because it started misting again. So here's a few pictures of our adventure in the wilds of the backyard. And when I say wilds, I mean a puppy could get lost out there under the piles of leaves that should have been removed last fall.

Two-boys-4weeks

puppiesoutside-4weeks

This week I can really see a difference in the puppies. They are starting to play and wrestle and they are sleeping less. They will follow you around and are investigating more. And the biggest physical change is that their ears really grew this week and like Pinocchio, their noses are growing.

Boy 1- Wow, has he blossomed. I'm having a really difficult time telling him apart from his sister. They really look alike and he's coming out of his shell and starting to play and wrestle with the other puppies.
Boy1-4weeks

Girl 1– Still the piggy. She likes to give kisses, but I have a hunch she's really tasting me to see if I'm good enough to eat. She doesn't sit still long and on our trip outside she was the only one that took off running. The rest of them stayed pretty close to me and Tama.
girl1-4weeks

Girl 2– I took her outside separate from the other puppies. She is getting stronger but is still only a pound and a half, while the other puppies are over 3 pounds. She is walking pretty well now. And she'll try to play, but the bigger puppies knock her over and really pick on her. She is still about a week or more behind in development. She is just now attempting to eat my fabulous puppy food mixture. While the others wolf it down like they've never had anything so wonderful. So I am seeing progress in her even though it is very slow.
Squeekers-4weeks

Boy 2– Holy cow, this puppy is gorgeous. He has a nice head, and his color is beautiful. I've had so many people ask me what his adult color will be and I wish I knew for sure. I'm assuming either a sesame or a dark red. That pretty much leaves it wide open!
boy2-4weeks

No comments: