Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Three Weeks!

Here we are at 3 weeks. I have to admit this past week has gone faster than the previous two. Girl #2 (Squeekers) only requires feeding every 4 hours, so I have been able to get a little more sleep the past week. AND I've moved myself out of the whelping room and into my own comfy bed which is infinately better than sleeping with a bunch of whining puppies.

So here they are at 3 weeks:

Boy #1: On the scales at 2 lbs, 8 oz.
boy1-3wks

Girl #1: A whopping 2 lbs, 12 oz.
Girl1-3wks

Girl #2: Squeekers opened her eyes for the first time a few days ago. And yesterday she began to stand on wobbly little legs. She is about one week behind the others as far as what she is accomplishing developmentally. But she's hanging in there and with every new step she takes, I'm very happy to see her progress. So far the other puppies have used poor Squeekers as a pillow and their doormat. Yesterday and today, for the first time, I saw her crawl on top of the other sleeping puppies and made one of the butterballs her pillow. So she's coming along. She is 1 lb., 3 oz.
girl2-3wks

Boy #2: Copying his brother at 2 lbs, 8 oz.
boy2-3wks

No comments: