Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Ski Patrol are 7 weeks old.

Times flies whether you want it to or not. When we began this journey 7 weeks ago, the puppies were helpless little creatures that resembled gerbils more than puppies. Today is a bittersweet birthday because it means that the puppies will start to fly the coop pretty soon.

What will I do without my daily dose of puppy prozac? No one will ever be able to lift my spirits like the crazy antics of Shredder Betty and her "This is MY BED" obsession. It's even to the point that she'll pick it up and move a bed that's 5 times her size. We all felt sorry for the lone girl in the litter until we saw who really ruled the roost. Or what about Edge and his fat face and floppy-eared greetings in the morning. He often hangs back to let the others get the spotlight, but when it's his turn, he really likes getting pets. Or Avalanche and his kisses in which he uses not just his tongue but his entire upper body to slap one on you. And K2 with his steady but determined demeanor. What a cuddler. He's always at the bottom of the puppy pile, but doesn't seem to mind it. And last but not least, Mogul, the smallest of the bunch but the one that is always in the center of everyone's "bizness" and my biggest peepad shredder. He may be small but this puppy has one BIG personality.

Here are some candid photos of the Ski Patrol taken today.

Shredder Betty:
IMG_7067

IMG_7056

Boy #1 - Edge
IMG_7085

Boy #2 - Avalanche
IMG_7069

Boy #3 - K2
IMG_7045

IMG_7064

Boy #4 - Mogul
IMG_7091

6 comments:

speshalkinca said...

they are just so wonderful… the boys are so handsome… and Betty… my, my, my what a pretty little girl

Anonymous said...

DogMom, this viewer is going to miss them so much too! They have been wonderful to watch. You and your husband have been very generous and good to us with the cam, the videos, and the blog. Thank you very much! (MfromDC)

Jen said...

oh my gosh I absolutely love each one of them! I don't know how you say 'goodbye'!

Teresa said...

Oh Mary!
I just don't know how you do it! Getting so emotionally attached to them...and having to let go.
I know it will feel so lonely when they are gone!
What a dear sweet fun mommy you have been!
XXOOXX
I have got to come squeeze those babies!

lindsayt said...

Wow Mary, what a nice job you have done with these pups. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Teresa said...

Mary!
How delightful to discover a comment from you on my blog!
Makes my day!
I am telling you...
everytime I pop over and see those little pup faces I just want to come through the computer screen and kiss away!
The one where k2 (think that's the name) is showing some teeth is just tooo funny!
Cracks me up everytime I see it!
I can just hear the sounds he was making while snarling!
They are so plump and healthy!
Oh so sweet!
Surely you aren't giving them up before Christmas!
XXOOXX
I think you need to keep them all and cast them in a movie...you know like the movie SnowDogs!