Thursday, October 06, 2005

Happy Birthday Kishi!

October 6th is here again. And Kishi is now 8 years old. I say that with a bittersweet smile. I'm very happy that she has made it 8 years with all her health problems. It has not been easy, that is for sure. Yet I look at her and already see a dog that should be full of vibrance, starting to slow down. The medicines, the allergies, the hypothyroidism, all taking their toll on a bright and very wonderful little dog.

I saw her playing with a toy the other day. I saw the spark of enthusiam she once had. It lasted only a few minutes and then she curled back on her bed and slept for a couple hours.

The one thing I love the most about Kishi is her attitude. She respects me. But she's not afraid to let me know exactly what she is thinking. And sometimes that leads us to butt heads. Girl vs Dog. Dog vs Girl. But there is no other dog in this world that I click with like I do Kishi. Trust me I've been on the search for another just like her. No matter what, she's still my favorite dog. My canine soul-mate.

Happy Birthday, Kishi.

No comments: