Saturday, March 26, 2005

Kishi's New Job

I brought Kishi out of retirement and entered her in Rally (kind of a cross between agility and obedience) this weekend. The past few years Kishi has been plaqued by all kinds of health problems, so I was really uncertain if she would perform, but her health is doing better and she seemed to be doing fine at home, so why not give it a try?

Well, we got to the show and she began shaking... cold? nervous?... nope! We got into the building where the ring was and she let out her excitement scream, wiggling all the way!

The girl is back! She watched me the whole time and was really excited to be back in the ring doing something. And Rally is such a positive sport, she loved it. She got her first Q in Rally (novice B) today. And I couldn't be more pleased. We try tomorrow for another leg.

If you haven't tried Rally with your dog, I highly recommend it. What a great sport!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable pups!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have a frisky little Havanese that I'd love to introduce to some type of event..."Rally" sounds fun! I'm new to showing dogs..."rally"--"obedience"--"agility"--could you direct me to some sites where I might find out more? Thanks!